Miscarriage - Preventing miscarriage
NHS Choices Medical Reference
Even if you take the best care of yourself during pregnancy, you often can't prevent a miscarriage.
However, there are ways to lower your risk of miscarriage:
- do not smoke during pregnancy,
- do not drink alcohol during pregnancy,
- do not use illegal drugs during pregnancy,
- drink at least 1.2 litres (six to eight glasses) of fluids, such as water and fruit juice, every day, and
- eat a healthy, balanced diet with at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
See Useful links for more information about antenatal health and care.