Clearblue Advanced Fertility Montior
Proven to increase the chances of getting pregnant naturally by 89%1
The Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor is the only monitor that tracks and stores fertility and pregnancy information. It accurately tracks the levels of 2 key fertility hormones (estrogen and luteinising hormone) and identifies your fertility window each cycle when your chances of conception are highest (the few days before and when you are ovulating, it is designed to detect more fertile days than any ovulation text)....then you can test for pregnancy to see if you have been successful.
Learn how to use the Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor.
Shows both High and Peak fertility days
The monitor reads the simple urine tests to track your personal hormone levels and is designed to identify all of your High and Peak fertility days. It helps you find more fertile days than with any standard LH only ovulation test, so you have more opportunities to get pregnant each cycle.
Easy to use touch screen
The simple touch screen tells you which days you need to do urine tests and allows you to set an alarm as a reminder. You can also indicate when you've had sex on a calendar and view all of your personal fertility information for the past 6 menstrual cycles on one screen.
The Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor
Proven to increase the chances of getting pregnant by 89%1
Tracks 2 hormones—designed to detect all your fertile days
Use to test for pregnancy— over 99% accurate from the day your period is due
The unique cycle summary chart shows your key fertility data on one screen
Daily personal fertility status
Each cycle you'll be asked to do 10 simple urine tests (maybe 20 if your cycles are long or irregular) and from these the Monitor will read your individual hormone levels. Using this information, the monitor will show your personal fertility status each day as Low, High or Peak, so you can plan ahead and maximise your chances of getting pregnant naturally.
Test for pregnancy with the monitor
The new Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor also enables you to test for pregnancy up to 3 days before your period is due2. The monitor will estimate when this is and you'll see a 'cycle' icon on the display, so you can find out as soon as possible if you have conceived.
Find out what the Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor can do for you.
How to use the Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor
Before you begin
- Always read the instructions on the pack and in the booklet carefully before use. Check that the monitor is suitable for you.
- Set up the monitor and then wait for your next period to begin before setting a new cycle and your testing window - your testing window is a 6 hour period in which you will be able to test with the first urine of the day.
- Always start your cycle with enough fertility tests from the same LOT for at least 10 tests.
- Only use each test once and never after the expiry date stated.
- Only test for fertility when the monitor shows the test day screen and always within your testing window.
- You can test for pregnancy once a day during your testing window on any day of your menstrual cycle.
Have you tried the new Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor? If you have, share your experience with other women trying to conceive by submitting a rating and review at Boots.com.
Doing the test
You test in the same way whether you are testing for fertility or pregnancy. Make sure you use the right test. Fertility tests are in purple foil and pregnancy tests are in white foil.
- Switch on your Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor every morning during your testing window to see if you should do a fertility test
- You must always use the first urine after your longest sleep
- When you are ready to test, remove a test from its foil wrapper and use it straight away
- Put just the absorbent sampler pointing downwards into your urine stream for 3 seconds only
Or, collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container and put just the absorbent sampler into the urine, as shown, for 15 seconds only
- Keeping the test pointing downwards, pull the cap off the handle and place it over the absorbent sampler. Wipe any excess urine off the test.
Immediately insert the test, as shown, into the monitor's test slot and place on a flat surface
- Wait for 5 minutes. The screen will switch off after 1 minute, the monitor will continue to analyse the test. The test light will flash during testing.
- Once testing has finished, an alarm will sound. If the monitor is off, switch it back on. The screen will ask you to remove the test before displaying the result. Throw the test away with your normal household waste. Never reuse a test.
Read your results
Your estrogen and luteinising hormone (LH) levels are low. You are unlikely to get pregnant from unprotected sex today.
When the monitor has detected a rise in your level of estrogen it will display High. On subsequent days the monitor looks for your LH surge. It will continue to display High until your LH surge is detected and Peak is displayed. You need to keep testing as requested by the Monitor. Every woman's cycles are unique and hormone patterns differ, so the number of High days you see will be personal to you.
When your LH surge is detected the Monitor will display Peak. You will see Peak displayed for 2 consecutive days. You are at your most fertile time the day of the LH surge and the day after (normally the day of ovulation.) Occasionally, some women have an LH surge that is too low for the Monitor to detect or they do not ovulate in a cycle and therefore they don't see Peak. This is not unusual and may happen in approx. 8% of cycles. If you do not see Peak for 3 consecutive cycles, we recommend you discuss this with your doctor.
Have intercourse on High and Peak days to maximise your chances of getting pregnant naturally.
Pregnant / Not Pregnant
If you have used the Monitor to test for pregnancy, your result will be displayed as shown. The Monitor is over 99% accurate at detecting pregnancy from the day your period is due. Your results will also be shown on the calendar screen.
- In the first 2 cycles of use. Robinson JE., et al. Fertility & Sterility (2007) 87: 329-334
- In clinical testing with early pregnancy samples Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor gave the following results: 96% of women received a 'Pregnant' result 1 day early, 91% of women 2 days early, 74% of women 3 days early.
For information purposes only. Consult a doctor for medical advice.